Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Bliss of Solitude- a double canvas with Decoart

Hello Friends

For oft, when on my couch I lie
In vacant or in pensive mood,
They flash upon that inward eye
Which is the bliss of solitude;
And then my heart with pleasure fills,
And dances with the daffodils.......
these lines are from the poem 'I Wandered lonely as a cloud' popularly known as 'Daffodils' by William Wordsworth.

These lines kept on playing in my mind when I was creating this canvas and I kept on pondering on the word Solitude..........although the dictionary meaning is 'The state or quality of being alone or remote from others'....solitude is not loneliness, it is a vibrant space which is blissful and full of creative possibilities.........  enough with the philosophy........

Here is a mixed media double canvas Bliss of Solitude with DecoArt products


I have used the DecoArt Modelling Paste  with a palette knife to give background texture , various stencils are used to create additional texture and colors by DecoArt Media Misters
The focal image is the wonderful Andy Skinner Stencil - Strike the Pose (12"x3")

There are so many layers in this work....here you can see the book pages, embossing powders, DecoArt Crackle paste..............


some areas have been distressed using a pumice stone ...and some highlighted with DecoArt metallic-lustre in Iced Expresso.




Linking to

http://rubberdance.blogspot.in/2015/09/september-challenge.html.............I have used the March 2015 colour scheme and sideways drops rubber stamp by Designs by Ryn.
Please do leave your comments. I would love to read what you say and I would love to visit your blog too !!

7 comments:

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Fabulous canvas Suman, I am in love with these gorgeous textures you have created! great going dear!

SD pooja said...

AWESOME...loved the play of colors n textures..!

Dr Sonia S V said...

So much of texture!! Lovely !
Cheers
Dr Sonia

UTs Hobby Time said...

Gorgeous canvas.Suman! Beautiful done.

Unknown said...

I agree Suman - solitude is a blissful place! Love this canvas...the face and the sentiment mixed in with all the layers and textures... just SUPER. j.

Bibi Lindahl said...

Indeed it is :-) Gorgeous, love all the textures!
Thank you so much for joining our September challenge again! :-) I hope you'll come back on October 1st and see what we're up to next ;)

Majo said...

Awesome textures! Thanks so much for joining our 1 year anniversary challenge! ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...