Friday, March 14, 2014

Soft Pastels and a hand-cut stencil

Hello friends,

a quick post, this is made using Camel soft pastels, the bird is a hand cut stencil, I like the soft effect of these pastel colors, they merge well . I just used a little cotton and my fingers to rub and blend the colors on paper without any sketch.
Sunrise, 8.5"x11", watercolour paper, soft pastels, 2014
Scrape the soft pastels with a craft knife or blade and pick the pigment with a dry brush or wad of cotton  


Please do leave your comments. I would love to read what you say and I would love to visit your blog too !!

3 comments:

SD pooja said...

Yes..the soft bg looks dreamy ! I can never manage to cut such small n curvy parts on a stencil so neatly ,Good job !

Radhika said...

Its looking great Suman..shadings are amazing and that birdie stenciled image too.. :)

Sathya said...

Great stenciled image and so so pretty bg...Love love it, Suman :) Keep coming !!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...