Sunday, March 17, 2013

Recycled Beer Bottle Vase

Hi Friends
This is a beer bottle I up-cycled into a vase using just Pidilite white m-seal. I cut the bottle by using a string and nail-polish remover. I did this when there was no one in the house to stop me from getting adventurous as this involves heating the bottle and then immersing in cold water. In case you want to try this, there are some good tutorials on the net but in case you can not find one do write and I'll find for you. 




As the cut was not too clean and am not so patient as to sand it to get cleaner edges, I used my favorite Shilpakar white to seal the top edges. I used Shilpakar (M-seal) to make the motif on the bottle.I did it all free hand without any drawing. Did not feel the need to add any color as the contrast of the brown bottle with  white Shilpakar (Mseal) looked good to me.  You do not need any adhesive as m-seal alone fixes very well to the glass.

This can be used for flowers or to keep your paint brushes and other crafty stuff. I like to keep my paint brushes in a tall broad mouth bottle( can be seen in these pics behind the bottle vase)

Hope u like it, pl do leave your comments. 

6 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

Suman I have never tried cutting a bottle. Thank you for sharing
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts School Projects

Suman Pandit said...

:)

SD pooja said...

Hey cutting a bottle seems difficult !

Suman Pandit said...

It is not difficult but you have to be careful :)

Lena Misquitta said...

Suman, I'm also going to keep my brushes in a tall plastic bottle, like you. Thanks for sharing.

Vasudha Somayaji said...

I have also heard of this method of cutting glass but till now haven't got adventurous like you. The recycled one looks great now.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...