Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Easy Crafting with basic supplies

Hi Friends

Here's wishing you all a vibrant, colorful  happy holi. I played with my rangeela water colors and created some backgrounds to wish all of  you. Have used some simple water color techniques and little bit of quilling.

This 'Raining Colors' card is dedicated to Dr Sonia for her generosity in sharing and esp for her this post which deserves a place in any blogging bible. 
..
Raining Colors..................

Raining Colors..................
This Pichkari card is dedicated to Suganthi for her flawless quilling and all that I have learnt from her. This is inspired by her this post.Thank you dear ladies.........

For some reason I have not been able to capture this card well and the colors have played tantrums here. Tried different lighting so difference in colors in pics.This looks much better actually.

Quilled Pichkari

Quilled Pichkari

Quilled Pichkari

and now my whimsical take on Holi......................
A leisurely chit-chat after playing with colors............

A leisurely chit-chat after playing with colors............

A leisurely chit-chat after playing with colors............
some more simple layouts...............



quilled butterfly
quilled butterfly

I would like to share with my international friends that  Holi is an important festival and is celebrated all over India. The language of colors is Universal and the joy and celebration of colors is a celebration of LIFE itself!!!

Hope you liked these................................all these are painted freehand with water colours on papers from my younger son Ritvic's sketchbook.  

Linking to seasons-stories

9 comments:

Christine said...

I do love your sense of color and if I am to describe you work in one word, it spells HAPPY!!
Your work brings out your zest for life!!
http://ajourneyintoquilling.blogspot.com

SD pooja said...

Wow ...what a colorful background you have created ..Happy Holi...

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW what beautiful beautiful colorful creations and you are such a sweetheart for linking and appreciating my blog post.
Thank you so much also for the support on my Guest DT post at Itsy Bitsy

Sunehra Koshy said...

So cute Suman! Your cards all really capture the colourful festive feeling that only comes with Holi! Super!
Crafting Till The Crack of Dawn
ItsyBitsy - The Blog Place

Suman Pandit said...

Thank you so much Sunehra, you have truly captured the spirit of gay abandon here!! playing with colors without any set parameters (no drawing/sketching involved in these cards) brought a sense of cheer and abundant joy for me personally while working on these.

Tieva-Design said...

Just loves those bright colors!!!

Greets
Gabi

Unknown said...

Hello Suman, I love this very much. It's colourful. Thanks for your lovely comment on my post.

Dr Sonia S V said...

Oh Suman Thank you so much for being the first one to link in on my 5 Million Pageviews Celebration I am so thankful. Big hugs!!

ArtsyCraftsyMom said...

I love the quilled pichkari. How creative! Thank you for linking to our Holi Giveaway. The winner has been chosen by random draw and is announced in the post - http://artsycraftsymom.com/diy-holi-gift-tags/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...