Saturday, March 30, 2013

Black and Gold Card & a Quilled Butterfly

Quilled butterfly Card

Hi Friends

This is the first time I attempted on-edge quilling with this butterfly. I had used a thick transparent sheet as base(vellum like from the cover of a desk calender) as base and had thought to use glass colours to fill the spaces but at the last minute I tried silver colour with gold beads. I want to make another one with glass colors too. Painting the base was tricky as the gaps inside were very close.

Quilled butterfly Card

 Quilled butterfly Card

 Quilled butterfly Card

 Quilled butterfly Card

I have used a very nice golden paper from a wedding card on black cardstock, punched some small butterflies and added some quilling elements. I need some tips on how to take good pics, the card looks much better than the pics. Again a card with basic supplies and some recycling................hope you like it.

I am linking to 

I took inspiration from shruti's this card using butterflies

23 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

Very elegant indeed Suman and some colors are so difficult to capture in photographs . The 1st and 2nd pics look awesome to me

SD pooja said...

Wow !Butterfly looks magnificent .I loved the recycling idea too.All the best for challenges.

Sathya said...

Nicely done...Love it!!

Atty Fatty said...

o my !! its beautiful ...
luv d bold colors !!
stunning

xxx

Isha Tripathi said...

nice card .
Thanks for playing with us at Lulupu challenge #10 lets celebrate
wish you all the best

Unknown said...

Hi
Your card is beautiful. So glad you stopped by and invited me over. I will visit often. Your blog is great. Hope you will join in my Thurs - Sun link parties.
Angel @ sewcraftyangel.blogspot.com

Ps. Now following you.

Suman Pandit said...

Thank you angel for visiting and leaving a comment, so glad to connect:)

Unknown said...

Hi Suman, thanks for dropping into my blog. I have joined your blog as a new member and just love what I see, Your quilling is absolutely beautiful and that butterfly is gorgeous...glad we found each other..luv aNNIe

Indira Tanwar said...

Very pretty card Suman. The quilled butterfly looke even better with those beads inside.
Thanks for joining us at Lulupu Challenge #10 - Let's Celebrate

Cheers,
Indira Tanwar
DT - Lulupu Blog

Suman Pandit said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Suman Pandit said...

Thank you Indira.....just working with basic supplies :)

Nupur Bhatia said...

Love your butterfly! The whole effect is so elegant! I have become the newest follower of your blog! Keep up the good work!!

I would love to have you visit and follow my blog Thrilling Quilling

Nupur

Carolyn Burch said...

Found you from the Cuddlebug Cuties sunday linky party. WOW your quilling is inspirational :-) that is something I would like to try
Carolyn @ www.iamthecraftylady.com

Suman Pandit said...

Thanks for visiting, Jennifer

Mrs A. said...

A stunning card and fantastic quilling. Saw your card o n MIM this week and hopped over for a closer look. Hugs Mrs A.

Elena V. said...

It's so elegant!! I love it!! Saw it on MIM.

Shari said...

Love your quilled butterfly, it is beautiful! Saw this on MIM

Billie A said...

I am amazed this is an awesome card. I saw your card on MIM. I love the butterflies and the swirl. Great card.

Te4eto said...

Beautiful butterfly!
Thank you for kind words!
Hugs
Stefka

Vijaylaxmi Siyal said...

hii Suman......thanks for visiting my blog n adding me in ur frendz list...i just loved this quilled butterfly ...n those small poped up too....nice upcycling....joining you too.

Deepti Stephens said...

Ohhh ho ho!!! What a gorgeous butterfly.. Loved it.. :)

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous Suman. Fits your personality. Beautiful.

Sridevi MuraliKrishna said...

The butterfly looks amazing..!! nice color combo too..!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...